Fuse has a strong background in circus and physical theatre with over 25 years experience and co founders of Britain’s first circus school Fooltime and School for Fools.
Fuse Performance create and produce: costumed stilt walkers; human statues; street and stage shows; fire and pyrotechnics spectacles and installations; jugglers, acrobats, diaboloists; tight wire and rope walkers; aerial silks, trapeze, aerial hoop, hula hoopers; LED light shows, installations; variety and cabaret.
Fuse has a marquee that can be booked for festivals, events or special occasions.
Fuse offer training for students, emergent and established artists in Creative and Digital Hubs
- Street Arts
- Street Dance
- Circus and Physical Theatre skills, Silks
- Comedy and Clown
- Construction and visual arts skills
The company invites international artists to deliver a range of classes as Kamchatka
Young people and emergent artists who have trained with FUSE go on to work with companies as Invisible Circus, No Fit State Circus, Company Palava and as solo and company performers in different parts of the UK.
Fuse offer workshops in outdoor arts for all ages at festivals, events and specials occasions.
- Workshops are created working with events organisers matching their aims with a wide range of offered skills
- The company offers specialist training in circus, clown, street arts and dramaturgy of public space
- Community and festival events use Little Big Top, a bunting tent with participatory circus skill sharing and teaching, that is very popular at festivals and celebratory events
- Celebratory arts workshops-making lanterns and creations for promenade and processions
Fuse is regularly commissioned as artistic directors and programmers for festivals and events (e.g. Dunster By Candlelight, Somerfest)
The company can create themed events, develop performances, installations and environments collaborating with festival organisers, urban retail centres, community events
The company welcomes conversations with organisers through which festivals and events can be jointly created with performances, workshops offering and responding to creative ideas and aims