Fuse has a strong background in contemporary circus and physical theatre with over 25 years experience. Fuse director John Lee is co founder of Britain’s first circus school Fooltime, known as Circomedia and founder of School for Fools, Bristol. Sally founded the Taunton Community Circus, Circus Antics, Fuse and has taught at a variety of both formal and informal settings and toured her shows in the UK and Ireland.
Fuse create and produce an array of themed acts and can offer an experienced team of designers who make props and costumes, contact us for more details. Fuse make: costumed stilt walkers; human statues; street and stage shows; fire and pyrotechnics spectacles and installations; LED light shows, installations; variety and cabaret.
Fuse has a marquee that can be booked for festivals, events or special occasions and a variety of covered canopies.
CREATIVE CIRCUS HUBS
Fuse offer training for students, emergent and established artists in Creative and Digital Hubs
- Circus Skills
- Street Arts and devising
- Circus and Physical Theatre skills,
- Aerial acrobatics
- Comedy and Clown
- Make a show in a day
- Construction and visual arts skills, prop and costume making
The company invites international artists to deliver a range of classes as Kamchatka
Young people and emergent artists who have trained with FUSE go on to work with companies; Invisible Circus, No Fit State Circus, Company Palava and as solo and company performers in different parts of the UK and abroad
Fuse offer workshops for all ages at schools, colleges, universities, festivals, events and specials occasions.
- Workshops are created working with events organisers matching their aims with a wide range of offered skills
- The company offers specialist training in circus, clown, street arts and dramaturgy of public space
- Community and festival events use Little Big Top, a bunting tent with participatory circus skills sharing and teaching, that is very popular at festivals, smaller community events and celebratory events
- Celebratory arts workshops-making sculptures, performance props, costumes and creations for promenade and processions e.g. lanterns and large scale puppetry.
Fuse is regularly commissioned as artistic directors and programmers for festivals and events (e.g. Dunster By Candlelight, Somerfest)
The company can create themed events, develop performances, installations and environments collaborating with festival organisers, urban retail centres, community events
The company welcomes conversations with organisers through which festivals and events can be jointly created with performances, workshops offering and responding to creative ideas and aims