Fuse have produced, performed and created street theatre, outdoor arts and street arts for over 30 years locally in Somerset, regionally, nationally and internationally. Fuse are funded by Arts Council England creating outdoor arts performances, projects and creation of new work in outdoor public spaces. Fuse are based in Taunton, Somerset and are Directors of three cultural events Somerfest, Dunster by Candlelight and Bridgwater Quayside Festival. Fuse have a memorandum of agreement with Taunton Deane Borough Council, memorandum of understanding with the University of Winchester as part of the outdoor arts, Fuse are members of ISAN NASA and are co- founders of EFETSA European Federation of Education and Training in Street Arts.
Fuse also bring the vitality and energy from outdoors to indoors and produce themed indoor environments.
Artistic Director and producer of outdoor arts shows, installations, festival and events. Creative producer and artistic programmer, creating performances, installations, arts and culture projects.
Sally lectures at the University of Winchester BA Hons Street Arts / Outdoor Arts Performance and Production
With a BA (Hons) in Performance and Art from Dartington and an alumni of Fooltime Bristol,(Circomedia) Sally has built a strong practice that combines fine art, digital, circus, dance and outdoor arts and has won awards that including two national awards Year of the Artist – Arts Council England, Gulbenkian Foundation, National Heritage Awards, Somerset Anne Frank Award.
Sally has built a strong reputation as a performance artist and creative producer of festivals and events; Sally creates collaboration work with artistes, arts organisations, communities and cultural organisations to produce extraordinary award winning projects. Sally has also performed extensively in the UK and abroad as a solo street theatre artist and indoor variety and cabaret. She is also a lecturer in Street Arts, with the BA Hons Outdoor Arts Performance and Production degree at University of Winchester and teaches Directed Performance, Variety, Art and Activism, Business Studies and Creative production. Sally has worked at Bath Spa University at Weston Wessex Academy and Somerset College.
Fuse work with associate artists, educators and cultural planners to make new work that inspires and engages.
Fuse make work with wildlife and nature organisations, engineers, communities, businesses, theatres, young people, housing associations, charities and individuals. Fuse provide people who may not have the opportunity to take part in cultural and creative projects/events the opportunity to take part and be inspired.
Fuse run training and education workshops in both formal and informal education settings and offer new approaches to education, training and entrepreneurship.
Fuse has produced a variety of themed installations and performances including Cafe Lente, Village Fete, I Scream Van Cinema, Misguided Tours, Spin Circus, River of Fire, Secret Garden as well as circus and street arts shows, productions and immersive environments.
Fuse have supported emergent artists in outdoor arts in both training and employing new work for public spaces.
Fuse works with a range of communities, businesses and charities. The company is run as a imited company and as a non profit making organisation.
Fuse offer bespoke training and professional development for creative and cultural individuals.
What Fuse Performance does:
• creates festivals and cultural arts events engaging large audiences and communities
• tours nationally and internationally making work that provokes, engages and challenges
• creates high quality arts engagement that has an impact on the local economy
• works with talented artists and performers
• facilitates artistic exchanges in the UK and abroad
• provides training and professional development
• mentors and supports emergent artists and signposts further education, training and employment
• leads the University of Winchester BA Hons Street Arts Degree
• offers work experience within the outdoor arts, street arts sector and the creative industries
• offers opportunities for individuals in projects and cultural events that contribute to community cohesion and social inclusion
The work of the company is informed by an extensive practice in : outdoor arts, arts events management, project management, street arts, theatre, international touring, performance, installation, directing and teaching. It has over 25 years experience working in the creative industries working in street arts, circus, fine arts, outdoor arts, street theatre and events management. Key to this work is the development of a sense of place and identity.
Some organisations we have worked with
• National Theatre Watch This Space
• British Council International Touring
• ELIA European League of International Arts
• Larmer Tree Festival
• Belfast Festival of Fools
• Elephant Fayre, Port Elliot
• Glastonbury Festival
• B-Side Festival
• Bedlam Fayre
• Fira Tarrega Spain
• La Forneau International Street Arts Centre
• Ana Desetnica Festival Slovenia
• Covent Garden
• City of Bath Street Theatre